The Government of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago invites citizens and businesses to register for a ttconnect ID.
A ttconnect ID is required in order to electronically access services from across Government, including e-Tax.
Who can register for a ttconnect ID
Any individual can register for a ttconnect ID.
How to register for a ttconnect ID
Register for your ttconnect ID in three (3) simple steps:
1. Complete and Submit the ttconnect ID Registration Form (www.ttconnect.gov.tt) online. Ensure your BIR number is included in the registration form.
Once completed and submitted, you should receive an email notification with additional registration details. If you do not receive any such notification please send an email to email@example.com
2. Activate your ttconnect ID (instructions for activation are contained in the email notification).
3. Visit a ttconnect Service Centre (except Nicolas Towers) with the following forms of valid Identification / Documentation, as well as your ttconnect ID, in order to complete the registration process. Make sure to indicate to the Customer Service Representative that you are registering for e-Tax.
BIR Number Verification (any one of the following)
- Advice of BIR or Advice of BIR and Acct Numbers
- VAT Advisory
- Tax Clearance
- Statement of Account
- Notice of Assessment
Identification (any two of the following)
- National Identification Card
- Drivers Permit
- Electronic Birth Certificate
- Naturalization Certificate
Once you have a ttconnect ID, you can visit https://etax.ird.gov.tt to begin using e-Tax!