Services - Applications - Application For BIR File Number

The Board of Inland Revenue File Number BIR# is used when making payment of taxes and filing tax returns. It must be quoted on all correspondence to the Board in respect of the taxpayer (individual or company). The same BIR number is used throughout the life of the individual or company.

The Self Employed Unit / Inland Revenue Division
Correspondence Unit, First Floor South Regional Office
Inland Revenue Division TECU Building
Trinidad House Southern Main Road
(Edward Street Entrance) Marabella.
Port of Spain.

Inland Revenue Division
Tobago Regional Office
Sangster's Mall


The following must be submitted when applying for a Board of Inland Revenue File Number.-


  • Completed Application Form (P11)
  • Original and copy of the Certificate of Incorporation/Registration
  • Name and File Numbers of Directors.
  • Original and copy of Notice of Directors
  • Original and copy of Notice of Addresses
  • Outstanding Returns (if applicable)

Self Employed Individuals / Sole-traders

  • Completed Application Form P10
  • Original & copy of Certificate of Registration (if applicable)
  • Form of T&T Identification e.g.Identification Card/Passport
  • Outstanding Returns (if applicable)

Individual (Employees)

  • Completed Application Form P10
  • Some form of T&T Identification e.g. Identification Card / Passport / Driving Permit
  • Letter from employer indicating the effective date of employment and salary or TD4s for prior years.
  • Outstanding Returns (if applicable)

In Port of Spain this service is available at Identity Research Section (Room 100) First Floor, Trinidad House.


  • Completed Application Form P11
  • Name and Address of each partner.
  • Evidence of BIR numbers for each partner Original & copy of Certificate of Registration, and / or
  • Partnership agreement
  • Outstanding Returns (if applicable)

The partnership BIR # is used for Filing the Partnership's Tax Return and payment of Green Fund Levy on behalf of the Partnership. Partners are still obligated to file their Individual Income Tax Returns and pay their quarterly taxes.




“Inland Revenue Division – Changing the way we interact with people!” 
Minister of Finance -The Honourable Patrick Manning, Prime Minister 

Minister in the Ministry of Finance - Senator the Honourable Conrad Enill 
(With responsibility for the Inland Revenue Division)

Minister in the Ministry of Finance - The Honourable Kenneth Valley

The information in this website is designed to assist you in understanding your tax obligations.
Inland Revenue Division - Location: Trinidad House, St. Vincent Street, Port of  Spain,
 Phone: (868) 623-1211 
© Inland Revenue Division - 2003 is an online information service operated by the Inland Revenue Division.
Privacy  |  Legal Terms of Use