What is Returns Mail Subscription Service?
This is a new subscription service offered by the Inland Revenue Division (IRD). Electing to subscribe to this service means that IRD will send your VAT and PAYE returns via email instead of through the post. Whenever a return is available you will receive an email. You can view this return immediately by clicking the respective link.
Who can use this service?
Taxpayers who are not currently enrolled with e-Tax and would like to receive a copy of their VAT and/or PAYE returns electronically.
How do I apply for this service?
You can apply for this service two (2) ways:
- Click on the Receive VAT & PAYE Returns via Email link on e-Tax.
- Apply in person by visiting any one of IRD’s Regional Offices (Port of Spain, San Fernando, or Tobago).
What do I need to apply for this service?
If you are using e-Tax follow the steps below:
- Click on Receive VAT & PAYE Returns via Email link on e-Tax
- Enter details requested
- Attach request letter listing the names, email addresses and phone contacts of persons who you would like to receive the relevant links for the VAT and PAYE returns via email. The letter must include the BIR Number of your company.
- An IRD officer will contact you to complete the registration.
If you are using the walk-in option, follow the steps below:
- Visit the Registration Section of any IRD Regional Offices (Port of Spain, San Fernando or Tobago).
- Attach request letter listing the names, email addresses and phone contacts of persons who you would like to receive the relevant links for the VAT and PAYE returns via email. You must include the BIR number of your company.
- Your subscription request will be completed by the Registration Officer.
- If you are subscribing on behalf of a company, the authorisation letter must be on a company’s letterhead and affixed with the company’s stamp.
- Clearly state in the letter the contact name and number(s) of the person making the request.
How do I know that my subscription request has been approved?
You will receive an email confirming that you have been registered for the subscription service.
Note: If you submit your subscription request via e-Tax, you will receive a confirming number indicating that the request was successfully submitted. You would then receive an email confirming registration for the service.
How long will it take for confirmation of my request?
The confirmation for this service will take place within three (3) business days. If you have not received a response from IRD within this time, please check your spam folder. You may also contact the Inland Revenue Division at 800-TAXX (8299) and select option 1 (e-services).
Do I need a ttconnect ID to register for this service?
No. A ttconnect ID is not required for this service. If you have a ttConnect ID and are enrolled for the e-Tax service, login at https://etax.ird.gov.tt to access your accounts and to submit your return. If you are not enrolled, contact IRD at 800-TAXX (8299) and select option 1 (e-services) to find out how you can access e-Tax.
Who should receive the emails with the returns links?
This is up to you. You can forward the email to others as required. For example, you can forward to your accountant or return preparer, if needed.
Can I add or remove persons who receive the email links?
Yes. Existing names can be deleted or new ones added by completing the request online or visiting any of IRD’s Regional Offices.
If I have subscribed for this service will paper returns be still mailed to me?
No. When you register for this service you will not receive VAT and PAYE returns in the mail.
Which returns can I receive via email?
Only the VAT and PAYE returns can be received via email at this time.
Will I have to request this monthly?
No. Once registered, all future VAT and PAYE returns will be automatically emailed to subscribers at least one month before they are due.
When will I receive my returns via email?
PAYE returns are generated (3 monthly returns at a time) on the 1st business day of the following months:
- January – returns for January, February, March
- April – returns for April, May, June
- July – returns for July, August, September
- October – returns for October, November, December, TD4 Summary
VAT returns are batched on the 15th of every month or the next business day.
If I am registered to receive the returns of multiple companies, will I get a separate email for each company?
No. You will receive only one (1) email, listing each company and the respective returns to which you have been registered to receive.
Can I request returns from previous periods?
No, once you have subscribed, you will receive emails with the links for returns batched in the next cycle.
Is this service for companies only?
No. Any taxpayer with a VAT and/or a PAYE account can apply for this service.
I have not received my returns via email. What should I do?
If you have not received the subscription confirmation email or the return email, first check your spam or junk mail folder. If you have not done so already, add the email@example.com email to your safe senders list or contacts.
If the email was not received, you can contact IRD at 800-TAXX (8299) and select option 1 (e-services) to request that the email is resent. You will be asked to verify your contact information, the returns you are requesting and the email address(es) provided at registration to which the email will be resent. A response will be received within one (1) business day of your request.
Can these returns be presently prepared and submitted online?
No. The form is not fillable at this time and cannot be submitted online unless you are using e-Tax.
Are there printing guidelines?
Yes. The guidelines are as follows:
- Use 20lb-24lb, Letter size (8 ½” x 11”) paper.
- Please do not make any adjustments to the return before printing.
Can I submit the completed return via email?
No. IRD does not accept emailed tax returns at this time. You must print, complete and sign your return before filing with either the Cashiers’ Unit at the time of payment or at any Regional Office.
Do I have to pay for this service?
No. This is FREE service offered by the Inland Revenue Division.